Tuesday, June 25, 2013

On Irrational Fears


I don't know why, but sometimes I just have these crazy fears and thoughts about Olivia. 

It happened more often when she was a little younger but it still happens every now and then. 

I will be taking her out of her car seat in the garage and my mind instantly flashes to what could go wrong.  I.e. she would wiggle out of my arms and fall on the cement floor cracking her head open.

Or I will be worried about if she will somehow get out of her crib, out her door and will fall down the stairs because I didn't close the gate before I went to bed. 

Or how I will never get a video monitor because I am too afraid that I will see someone in the room with my baby (this one may be fueled by Criminal Minds and SVU).

I have seen a decrease in those types of fears, thank goodness.  Not sure if it is just a first time mom thing or if it is totally normal.  I know the root may be the fear of losing her in general.  She is my whole world and even imagining losing her breaks my heart. 

It's weird I know and I keep telling myself it is totally normal!

Now, here are a few photos her dad snapped while they were at a softball game yesterday!

5 comments:

  1. She is fantastic! Thank you for sharing this post. Linking up from Amanda's blog hop!

    Maria
    www.musicteachingandparenting.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, I have the same types of scenarios play through my head too sometimes. I hate doing it too because I feel like if I think and worry about it enough, I'll summon it to myself! But yeah, I bet every mom does it, we're kind of insane like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this ~ when I clicked on it {from the blog hop} I thought it would be about helping our children through fears, but I appreciated reading about the fears that we have as parents, too. I had a lot when my children were infants, it does get better ~ though I also probably need to stop watching Criminal Minds!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure I will run into helping my daughter through her fears as she gets older...though it is good to know the parent's fears do calm down! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete