Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Christmas Cactus Revival


My husbands grandmother who he was super close with passed away in 2009.  We inherited her Christmas Cactus that she has had for so many years.  We kept it as is for the first couple years and it was struggling.  This past winter we re-potted it in a much larger pot and viola! It has grown so much and is blooming for a second time this year.  Maybe it's because we still are getting snow (4 or so inches a couple nights ago). 

I am so glad I have been able to keep it alive! This is my one and only plant.  I am thinking about getting some big planters for outside our front door.  Right now it is pretty plain.  Just not sure what to put there.  The area gets pretty much no sun... need to do some research on that one. It would have to be something that can thrive on its own.  I do not have a green thumb!





No comments:

Post a Comment