Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My new favorite....

dessert! The Brookie.... a brownie AND a cookie all in one! SO GOOD!


I spotted this recipe on Pinterest and it immediately got my attention.  A Brownie AND a Cookie - Yes please! After scouring the internet for a simple recipe and finding nothing quite up to my standards of lazy... I just winged it!

Here is the recipe: 

Brookies

1 Box of your favorite brownie mix
1 thing of your favorite (or in my case the cheapest) pre-made chocolate chip cookie mix. 
 * You could make your own cookies if you wanted - this was just way easier for me!

Make the brownies as you would and preheat the oven to whatever the brownies say.  My cookies and brownies both said 350 degrees. 

I made mine in a couple muffin tins.  I sprayed the crap out of the tins with cooking spray - and they were still a little hard to get out.  Maybe if you used a silicone muffin pan like this it would not stick as much. I think I am going to pick one up the next time I am at Target!

So you put the brownie mix in the bottom. I used an ice cream scoop to make it less messy.  Fill each cup about a half inch high. Mine made about 20. 

After the brownie mix is in the bottom - take your already prepared cookies dough and flatten each piece so it is about the size of the muffin tin.  Place on top and stick it in the oven.  

I cooked mine for about 15 minutes.  Mine were gooey in the middle (just how we like them).  Make sure you stick a knife or toothpick in to make sure they are done to your liking. 

There you are! The best dessert ever - for now anyway! Bring them to a party and everybody will love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment